Monday 17 October 2011

A step on from "pure contour drawing"

Time flies by, and I am determined to continue drawing. Here, I am really concentrating on the edges and the spaces in between. Betty Edwards speaks of these as the "perception of edges - line or contour drawings" and "perception of spaces - negative spaces".

I kept 1 eye closed here - this is meant to put it into 1 plane, or 2 dimensional, and didn't rub anything out.
This just gave me a stiff neck as I tried not to move & change my focus!


There is also "perception of relationships - perspective and proportion".
Both eyes open here.


and luckily I have extra glasses


Then there is the "perception of light and shadows - shading" and my favourite  - the "perception of the gestalt - the 'thingness' of the thing"! I've got a lot of work to do on these last 2.







No comments:

Post a Comment