Friday 27 July 2012

purples

I’m working on this one at the moment. The rugs in the posts over the last few days have actually been created over a period of about 3 months. The biggest issues have been

. the extreme physical nature of crocheting rags
. keeping the edges nice and flat
. developing and implementing the colour schemes. I like colour, but I want these rugs to have subtle colour changes allowing colours to “pop”, depending on what they are surrounded by. I don’t want lots of colours clashing and competing due to similar intensity of colour.

This last one is a fun issue. I am using my stash of patchwork fabrics – collected over the last 10 or so years. Most of them I will never use for patchwork as I have given up patchwork for the time being (never say never). I’m sure if I go back to it I will want to use the latest designs and colours anyway.

This purple rug has muted lavenders, yellows and purples, with one or two quite clear lavender colours.

P1010099

2 comments:

  1. I love this rug, Jane. The colours look great together and it is a nice tight weave (I use the word weave loosely). It should last for years.
    Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire, I'm currently working on the last rows, deciding which colours to focus on. Watch this space.

    ReplyDelete